How does it work?
How does it move your organization forward
- Health care workforce challenge/need
- How it works and how we can help
- Increasing the productivity of the health care workforce
- Apprentices can enter the workforce sooner than workers who must complete all their training before beginning a job. Although they have fewer skills in the beginning, employers will know the skills apprentices will learn in the apprenticeship and make labor planning decision accordingly.
- Attracting skilled health care workers to your community
- The 'earn while you learn' model is extremely attractive to potential workers. By introducing apprenticeship in areas of expertise or geography where there are shortages, employers can increase the number of people entering those areas and offer them career ladders.
- Reducing turnover and related costs
- Apprenticeship programs lay out clear wage progressions and opportunities for advancement, which encourages workers to remain with the employer. Employer investment in worker skills and opportunities pays off in worker loyalty.
- Improving carrer pathways wihtin health care
- In designing their apprenticeship programs, employers can design pathways that will ensure they have a pipeline of workers who move into positions recquiring advanced skills as they gain experience and knowledge.
- Improving leadership and supervisory skills in the health care workforce
- An employer can design the apprenticeship training to include specific leadership or supervisory skills appropriate to the occupation and company.
Find out how to take advantage of health care Apprenticeships
Fill out the form below to get your starter kit
"Investing in employee development has given us a good return on investment."